GreatNonprofits: 2014 Review and What’s in Store for 2015
Thank you for using GreatNonprofits. This past year we experienced tremendous traffic growth that allowed us to increase visibility for nonprofits. Here’s a quick overview of what people are saying, new features, and what’s in store for 2015.
2014 at a Glance
This year was a year of growth and increased visibility for nonprofits. With this growth, GreatNonprofits is now the largest source of community information about nonprofits. Here are some facts at a glance, plus new tools we’ve built (see infographic):
- GreatNonprofits pages were viewed 13 million times (up 50% from 2013!)
- More than 40,000 reviews were added to bring reviews to more than 200,000
- 1,700 nonprofits were voted Top-Rated
- We extended reach by growing social media: We now have more than 55,000 followers on Twitter and more than 36,000 likes on Facebook
- We launched a new mobile-friendly website
- We introduced new donation functionality for all U.S. nonprofits
- We launched SMS reviews. Now users can submit reviews by text. No Internet required.
- We syndicated reviews to more partner sites, such as Foundant
- We were gifted a new video website for nonprofits, the GivingLibrary.org
2015 – What’s in Store
Our mission is to allow people to find, review, and share information about great nonprofits. In line with that mission, we hope to build more tools to help:
- Individuals find local nonprofits to donate to or volunteer with
- Increase visibility for nonprofits through new tools
- Spread the word about nonprofits through our Top-Rated Awards and more
Happy New Year. We look forward to sharing your stories of impact.
Perla Ni, CEO
The Real Scoop
“If I want real reviews, I go to GreatNonprofits. It’s all consolidated and all there. It’s the real scoop. It gives me real people’s words in a way that is understandable and easy to access. I think that is important.”
Reviews Showcase Impact
“Using the GreatNonprofits emblem on our website and in social media has enhanced what we believe is already a very strong level of credibility.”